Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Martha Moment

After returning back home from a long and exhausting day at work, I decided to try my luck at baking cookies for the very first time.

I was tempted to do so after buying the Martha Stewart's COOKIES book over the weekend, as I couldn't stop drooling at all the yummy options there were!

I don't know if I had mentioned this before, but I am a big Martha Stewart fan. I can't but admire her endless skills and precision at doing everything from gardening to cooking to most importantly crafts!

So back to baking... I chose to try the "Biscuit Sandwich Cookies" recipe (since I had all the required ingredients and it didn't look too difficult)!

But being myself, I wanted to improvise: So instead of going for the standard shaped circles, I had used funky cookie cutters (star, heart, teddy bear, and crescent) that appealed to my sisters, Dimah (13) and Mariam (11), who were sleeping over. They, of course, enjoyed helping out in the kitchen!

The biscuits were fantastic! Salma, my 1 year old daughter, enjoyed them most! They weren't too sweet; but after filling them up with melted Galaxy chocolate... yummy yum... They couldn't taste better! Especially with tea or coffee...

Here is the final result (with the Galaxy chocolate filling). They're a bit thicker than what they're supposed to actually look like(should be ultra thin)... but nevertheless, not too bad for a first time!

A very successful Martha Moment! Bon appétit!

p.s. I also have the Martha Stewart's Cupcakes book and will be trying out some recipes soon...

6 comments:

  1. nam nam!! looks yummy, maybe i should go buy the book...bte3rafi i have a lot of free time ma3 hammoudi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nooro 7obbi, the book is amazing! you definitely should get it... there are amazing recipes! also, get the martha stewart's cupcakes book - wonderful! miss you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cookies look delicious! You'll have to make more. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, yes they could taste better. NUTELLA!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm yummy yum yum.....
    Noor not only you are a good artist and cook but also I'm impressed with the amazing quality of your photographs!!
    sa7teen w 3afyeh :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ann, will sure do!! Do check for updates and become a follower =)

    Luj, didn't have nutella!

    Hiba, so happy you're liking my work!! Keep following - more to come soon!

    ReplyDelete

Aspire to inspire before you expire... Thank You!