Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Little Girl, Big Talent

This post is dedicated to a very talented 11 year old little girl, who happens to be my youngest sister, Mariam.

Mariam has always expressed an interest in arts and crafts; she's very creative and comes up with great innovative ideas all the time. She had developed a wonderful habit of giving out handmade gifts ever since she learnt to write and draw (she never needed an occasion to do so). I have a box full of adorable handmade cards; and so does the whole family!!

I very much admire that she's always trying new ideas and techniques (such as drawing, scrapbooking, card-making, etc...); but her recent crafts impressed me most!!

She has been experimenting a bit with jewelery-making and the results were fantastic. She learnt a technique where she draws her own designs and colours them up. The specific material she uses goes through a process that turns it into plastic (I won't disclose her secret)... She then adds beads and enhances the designs to suit different people's styles and preferences.

These are earrings I'd purchased from her... Have you noticed how much I love green?!!

Her jewellery doesn't only include earrings (which I'm absolutely in love with; I'm sure you can tell); but she also does pendants, charms, bracelets, necklaces, etc...

Also, another pair that I had purchased... Too pretty!!

Mariam, keep up the creativity and never stop dreaming; the sky is your limit... I love you xx

8 comments:

  1. wow...I don't even know what to say other than wow...very very very impressive o beautiful, Mariam when I come to AD next I'm buying a pair of earrings, they're gorgeous. Keep up this amazing work, if you can accomplish this at age 11, think of the wonders you'll do the more experienced you become =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mariaaaaaaaaaaam!! Awesome man! You keep working on my b-day gift k? :P
    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. im so jealous right now. i want that!! what the hell is happening to the family?!?! i've only been got what? a few months? and already .. salmas talkin and walkin and running and mariam is like an artist, and ukh .. bekafi!! wait till im back! :P:P
    very impressive tho lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. yup... Mariam is "THE" artist now!! you should see the other stuff!! so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mariammmmmm mchAllah u're so talented!! can u guys adopt my baby girl bel 3aile barke tele3 3indha 7es fanne lool :P
    I'm gonna have to see the collection when i come 3indkom 3ashan i buy myself some :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. NOOR! check your phone 3melt request do you ship to Canada? lool

    ReplyDelete
  8. Luj, got your message! And yes we ship to Canada! Order taken - I'll let Mariam know and we'll take it from there =)

    ReplyDelete

Aspire to inspire before you expire... Thank You!