Friday, October 22, 2010

Piece of Cake

Our really good friends, Ruba & Ahmed, recently got married; so I decided to prepare a housewarming gift for them. I wanted to do it myself for a more personal touch. Well, after going through my thinking and planning phase, I thought I’d try my luck in creating my very first towel cake; I wanted it to look very wedding-ish...

So I went towel shopping yesterday... and after experimenting with all the towels in the store, I bought two large (150x85cm) creamy-coloured towels with an embedded floral pattern. These worked perfectly for what I had in mind!

I then had to decide on a colour that would add an accent to my 2-tier creamy cake. Rich carmine (deep red) was the answer! I used it in my lace ribbons and big blooming roses (fake, though they looked so real)... I also needed a base for my cake; so I got this simple (yet elegant) silver cake stand that worked perfectly with the rest of the cake style.

I was so excited to get home and start working on my first towel cake; and gladly, it was a piece of cake! The result was amazing; everything worked beautifully together… even better than I thought…

To Ruba & Ahmed… May the best of your yesterdays be the worst of your tomorrows. May your marriage bring you love, health, kids, wealth, joy… and the best of the very best…

And last but not least; learn to compromise, for as Ludwig Erhard said "A compromise is the art of dividing a cake in such a way that everyone believes he has the biggest piece" *hint hint*.

9 comments:

  1. Carmen Abu Ghattas GomezOctober 22, 2010 at 2:05 AM

    Realllllllllllllly nice Noor!! Beautiful gift and love your blogs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...this is pretty intense stuff! I like! It looks legit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the way it turned out very classy o elegant great job your work just keeps getting more and more impressive =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you did NOT make this at home!
    too good to be true!
    wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work...So proud we're related!! Remember me when ur rich & even more famous =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. now i can leave a comment lool
    i love love love your work...its beautiful
    im proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. u never stop amazing us with ur ideas and work! great job! this is beautiful!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. it looks very pro, i love it. im so making you my wedding planner, and baby shower planner, and every other occasion planner :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Carmen, Farah & Luj... glad you like it; more cool stuff to come up!
    Asma, yes, i did it myself at home; it's my pride & joy for now!
    Hiba, i'll definitely remember you when rich & famous... enti dalli ed3i aseer both - lol
    Rawan, thank you for putting the effort to comment; and so excited you like this!
    Nooro, you rock...! gotta meet up soon...
    Su, yup, i'll gladly be your every-occasion-planner; just tell me what you like and i'll take care of the rest!
    Love you all, A LOT!

    ReplyDelete

Aspire to inspire before you expire... Thank You!