Saturday, October 23, 2010

Stinkin' Cute

Hadeel and Hareth were recently blessed with a healthy (and a very handsome) little boy, Adam...

We were looking forward to meeting their little one and so we had arranged for a visit. I wanted to prepare something special (yet personal) for when we visited... And what better idea than a diaper cake... YES, a diaper cake; and NO, it isn't edible.

Diaper cakes are actual diapers arranged in a way so they look like a cake. So I decided to take the risk; it was my first time to do one and I was worried I'd mess it up... Though fortunately, it turned out great! (see below)

I went for a typical baby blue theme: teddy bear dressed in blue, blue ruffled "it's a boy" ribbons, and a nice silver base. (click below for a more detailed view)

I made the teddy bear (used as the cake topper) embrace an adorable baby outfit (navy puppy 3-piece cardigan set) using the pants' puppy-face feet to accessorize my cake. This added a super-cute touch to the final design.

We met little Adam today and he was so stinkin' cute (masha' Allah)!

Hadeel & Hareth... May you always be surrounded by health, wealth and your three wonderful kids!

4 comments:

  1. WOW noor :| this is perfection in my opinion, and putting the outfit in the teddy's arms is so creative, I love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Luj! your comment made my day... =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is so cute, adorable, and original!
    i love the baby boy's outfit soooo cuddly cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Basma - soooo glad you like it xx

    ReplyDelete

Aspire to inspire before you expire... Thank You!