Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Pop Phenomenon

Phenomenal! That was my first thought when I came across Bakerella’s genius mini-cake/cupcake pops (she is the creator of this innovative concept).

Being inspired by the amazing Bakerella (a.k.a. Angie Dudley), I decided to give it a try and create those delightful mini cupcake pops for a family gathering.
Surprisingly, they turned out better than I had expected - very delicious and super-cute (regardless of the technical difficulties that I faced at some point while decorating – I didn’t know the best chocolate-melting technique so I made a mess and then had to improvise).

My cupcakes were a brownie mix; the bottom bit was dipped into milk chocolate and the top part into white chocolate for some and coconut sprinkles for others... little red chocolate M&Ms were the cherry on top! (I used wooden barbeque sticks instead of the lollipop sticks.)

Bakerella (aka Angie Dudley) was featured on the Martha Stewart Show and had published her first book CAKE POPS: Tips, Tricks, and Recipes for More Than 40 Irresistible Mini Treats.

I plan to get her book as I want to take it to the next level and try some of the other unique mini treats (using the correct techniques)!

For more creative ideas, do visit her blog!
And remember, you can't look at a cupcake and not smile.

7 comments:

  1. sighhh...i hate my pic, but they were good cake pops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. num num they look so yummy! I want some! Is there anything u cant do? mashallah 3aleiki, super mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. su - you look great!!
    and nooro, the next time i go down to dubai, i'll prepare some for you and 7amoodi!! missing you always xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh they look so delicious nyaal ele akalo haha =p

    ReplyDelete
  5. yalla come visit and i'll make you some!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. salam, i saw ur pic at bakerella FB..just wanna ask u something..is it hard to put popcake on wooden stick instead of lolly stick. I'm a big fan bakerella ..i like her popcake so much...;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. salam sugar*spice*salt... i love bakerella too.
    i hadn't tried using the lollypop sticks, so i wouldn't be able to tell which is easier to use... but the wooden sticks were okay...

    ReplyDelete

Aspire to inspire before you expire... Thank You!