Sunday, March 27, 2011

{Paper Beading} Beyond the Hour

I, NOOR, GO BEYOND EARTH HOUR: I USE SCRAP PAPER

And after being very inspired by Earth Hour yesterday, and referring back to my commitment card (posted earlier this month)… I decided to create some recycled bracelets - supporting the Earth Hour spirit!

The bracelets's beautifully vibrant and featherweight beads are made out of paper. I am therefore recycling my catalogs, magazines, newspapers, and any other form of paper that I could get my hands on!

Above: Beads made out of recycled newspaper; Arabic calligraphy gives an oriental touch

The paper beads can be crafted into different shapes and sizes. In addition, I love to add other bead types when forming my handmade jewellery. The results are very fascinating. The possibilities are endless.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also available are paper beading bracelet kits for your little ones: Each kit (box) includes paper beads, glass beads, elastic cord, and instructions. These could be customized as giveaways/favours for birthdays, etc… (I will be posting samples soon)

For more information, please email bead.paper.scissors@gmail.com

9 comments:

Aspire to inspire before you expire... Thank You!