Sunday, June 20, 2010

Our Lucky One

Salma’s Birthday Celebration /
18th June 2010

My little Salma had turned one on 14th June 2010; but since it was a Monday, we decided to postpone the official birthday celebration till Friday, 18th June 2010.

As mentioned in an earlier blog, I had a lot of preparation to do… choosing the theme, designing a logo/slogan, and applying it throughout! I decided to go for “our lucky one” also read as “our ducky one”. This was inspired by Salma’s nickname “battuta” literally translating to “little duckling” in English; hence, the duck theme!

I designed the invitation and sent it across to our family...

I then bought all the rubber ducks I could possibly find for decoration purposes… I had them all over the house…



And since I LOVE polka dots (especially red and white ones); I decided to add a touch of polka to the theme; complementing my actual home colours (red and white)… they worked flawlessly together…

I got Salma this lovely outfit that fit into the theme perfectly!

And a close family friend crochet those gorgeous shoes just for her!



I designed pins for everyone to put on; they all said “our lucky one”; except Salma’s which said “the lucky one”…

I also designed t-shirts for Ahmed and myself!


Not only that, I also customized water bottles…


My mum baked those yummy red velvet oreo cupcakes and I decorated them (all by myself!!)


I did these mini duck-shaped galaxy cakes…


And of course, I ordered a lovely duck-shaped cake (notice the red polka ribbon on its neck)! It tasted great!

I even designed and produced the wrapping paper to complement the theme…


I embroidered this customized duck-shaped hot water bottle cover with her birth details…

I then chose these cute mini-shot glasses and printed on them the logo I made; filling them up with red and yellow candy and wrapping them with a little red polka dot ribbon…



My wonderful husband and gorgeous daughter bought me the most beautiful flower bouquet (that ALSO worked with the theme!!)


And of course, this day would have not been perfect without our lovely family… Thank you for being part of our every day... We love you… xx

Suad, Hiba, AbdelRahman: you are always on our minds!!

15 comments:

  1. WOOOOW!!!
    GR8 Ideas!!

    love it Noor!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rana, Maali... Glad you like it!! Thank you for the support xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noor amazing work ! Seriously I am soo impressed! I will definitely have you organize my baby shower akeed :D inshalla I will contact you .. great work ! (Rana AbdelHaq)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Rana!! I will be more than happy to help out! You can become a follower to the blog and receive regular updates whenever i add a post... Stay in touch xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nooooooor its really amazing mashalla! you have great ideas! Allah yikhalilik Salma, she's so cute mashallah kibrit w 3o2bal il 100 sanea!!

    Yasmine Makkieh

    ReplyDelete
  6. What can I say???
    Every single detail was marvellous. Mashalla very creative work. God bless Salma
    Sahar El-Khatib

    ReplyDelete
  7. Babe you never seize to amaze me, its so impressive the creativity you`ve got...the whole theme looks wonderful =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yasmine, thank you so much - keep following! We all miss you!
    Sahar, I'm glad you like the theme - kiss baby Noor for me...
    Luj, i miss you soooo much - wish you were here... let me know your feedback all the time... there's always room for improvement!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mashalla Noor, amazing work, very creative, but its not the creativity that impressed me, its the emotions behind the work, i guess when work is very personalised, it turns out to be something very special and touching, and has a longer lasting effect which brings along beautiful memories ...
    Keep up the good work and i am DEFINITELY abusing you when i come back ;)
    Allah yi7meelik salloom and yr family :)

    Wiaam Hirzallah :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww Wiaam; thank you SO MUCH! Your comment means the world! I wanted the theme to be all about Salma & she actually loved it and wouldn't stop screaming "quackquack" everytime she saw a duck or anything yellow!

    I'll be more than happy to be abused by you... Do spread the word; become a follower =)

    Kisses to your little ones xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow wooow NO COMMENTS... simply it's DAZZLING.
    May God bless Salma and her family :)
    Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Wissam... Bless you... Do become a follower (link on the right); I'd always love to know your feedback xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am speechless and so amazed! what can i say?!
    your beautiful Salma is definitely lucky to have you as her mum. May Allah bless you and you family:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Habboush!!! I am so blessed to have her in my life! =)

    ReplyDelete

Aspire to inspire before you expire... Thank You!